Thursday, February 20, 2014

Little Ado About Nothing

I have been writing five or six blogs a week for a while now. Usually, when I sit down to write, something has me annoyed enough or enthused enough that there is no effort. The words just flow. Well, sort of flow. I have poor typing skills.

I normally write my blog in the late morning to be posted the next day. Here it is, the middle of the afternoon, and I am totally uninspired about anything. Granted that I am in the February doldrums. So enthusiasm is pretty much out of the question.

I wrote one of my "Random Thoughts" yesterday. Which people seem to enjoy, by the way. When I write one of those, it seems to get my juices flowing and ideas start popping. Not this time.

My main source of inspiration is the news. I spend most of my morning reading news and a chunk of my afternoon and evening watching it on TV. Today's news almost seems to be a rerun. Our President still over reaches domestically. He seems to be more concerned with tee times than foreign policy. With all the trouble going on in Kiev, he has sheriff Joe Biden make a phone call. I'm sure that was helpful.

I just read an article that the President wants to put a representative from the FCC in newspaper newsrooms to discuss what news should be printed. I have not confirmed the truth of this assertion yet, so I will only say that if it is true, the President has forgotten everything he ever knew about our Constitution. (It is now six hours later and I have confirmed the story. When did America turn into the Soviet Union?)

Breaking news. No decision on the Keystone XL pipeline. Don't kid yourself. There is a decision and it is no. They just don't want the public to know yet. An election coming you know.

Also good for a chuckle are the antics of Jean Francois Kerry. Our almost French Secretary of State. While he tries to dazzle the world with his brilliance, they baffle him with their BS. The ayatollahs have his number. It is zero. 

So here I sit. No great events to inspire me. So I think that I will take a clue from the old Seinfeld TV show and write a blog about nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment