Saturday, February 1, 2014

Has The World Stopped Spinning?

I really wanted to produce a blog today that was hard hitting and gave my readers important insights. Something that would educate and anger the electorate. Something that touched on the hottest news stories of the day. So before I even had my morning coffee, I went through the Drudge report and three national newspapers to see what was moving the world.

It seems that the world, this weekend, is moved by the latest crisis in Justin Bieber world. That far off and foggy sphere where there is no reality to grasp on to. Then there is the ongoing saga of the Chris Christie bridge extravaganza. I heard a rumor that there may be a movie deal on the way. I think they are planning to call it "The Bridges of Essex County".

In the national arena there is the constant and ongoing picking at the weakest State of the Union message in history. In my mind, that is much ado about nothing.  Along with that, we have the ongoing debate over the Keystone XL pipeline, will he or won't he. He's the President of the United States for heavens sake. It would be good for the country. What? Is he afraid it will offend the Saudis.

Then there is the Super Bowl. I will be honest. My football season ended two weeks ago. It is not just that the Patriots are out. It is also that I wish both of these two teams could lose. For the last week I have been trying to decide which team I disliked the least. It ended as a no decision. I dislike both equally. Did I hear there is a "Little House on the Prairie" marathon on some remote and distant channel. Maybe I'll seek that out. 

To be fair, I went back looking for news updates a half a dozen times through the day. Nada.  Nil. Zip. So I can't think of anything to write about. Could it be writers block? Bloggers block? My wife suggested a blog about Groundhogs Day. Maybe that has some possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment