Monday, March 23, 2015

Spring

We are beyond the first day of Spring. The first of April is approaching. Opening day of the trout season is in less than three weeks. Those that wish to fish on opening day, may need tip-ups and ice augers. I even heard where they are seeing icebergs crashing on the beaches of Cape Cod. I do not remember that happening in my lifetime.

Usually at this time of year I would be taking out shorts and tees. This year I am still wearing my heaviest jacket. I am not a cold weather guy. Damp cold, dry cold, it is all the same to me. Damn cold! I hate it and it is making me depressed.

I have even started watching some Spring training baseball. I never watch Spring training baseball. It bears little or no resemblance to the real baseball season. OK, I'm desperate. At least today it is a Red Sox game. They're ahead five zip in the third. See, no resemblance.

I've lived in New England all my life, so I've seen tough Winters before. This one is in the top three for ugly. But the thing is, I'm older, heavier, and am far less graceful than I used to be. Thank God for Amazon, Peapod, and my blog. They allow me to be a recluse in bad weather.

Warm weather will get here. It always has. So I do have hope for the future. At least this weather inspired me to write about something other than the mess our politicians are making, or the danger that they have put the country in. That gets tiresome and is also depressing. 

OK, I'm being a little bit whiny. But I really hate the cold. And, no, I won't move. Spring and Fall are so spectacular in New England it is usually worth tolerating Winter. But this year......... . .  .  . .

No comments:

Post a Comment