Monday, January 6, 2014

To Err is Human!

Three days ago I posted a blog that contained an error. It was inadvertent. I made an assumption that proved incorrect. It was a reasonable assumption. With a less devious administration, I would have been correct.

My error was that I stated that since the government had taken over the college loan business, the payments from those loans went into the general fund. First of all, I don't think that the government should be in the business of providing loans to anyone. That was, and should be handled by private enterprise. The government should provide reasonable regulation. But that is all.

In one of the trickiest maneuvers in modern politics, the student loan program got folded into Obamacare. So Obamacare will be partially financed on the backs of college graduates who come out of school paying an inflated price for an education and far deeper in debt than is reasonable. And why is education so expensive? Because the government has pumped so much of other peoples money into the student loan program the the colleges are flush with lucre compliments of the graduates.

There is one question that I have. Are the loans coming out of the general fund? If the are, are the full payments being pumped into Obamacare? Is Obamacare getting only the profits? The former would be boarder line criminal. The latter would be, merely, highly unethical. Of course, neither ethics nor the law seem to mightily trouble this administration.

In the past, I have felt that the Obama administration has done so much harm because they were inexperienced.  I now have to ask myself if I was also in error here. The consistency of bad policy can only lead me to believe that it is willful and with purpose.  

No comments:

Post a Comment