Saturday, January 4, 2014

Barack Antoinette, The Tone Deaf President!

Hawaii. One of the most beautiful places in an ugly world. I have never been there. I never expect to go there. Our President claims it as his home state and it seems to be his favorite place to visit. The cost to the taxpayer is unimportant. After all he is the President and who are we to even concern ourselves with his private life.

During my working life, I had jobs that came with responsibilities. Most vacations that I took were only a week. Later in my career, when I was entitled to three weeks, I never took all the time available to me. I mostly took long week ends. Why? Responsibility.

Compared to the President of the United States, my responsibilities were nothing. But I took them seriously, as they were important to me and to others. Our President, however, seems quite comfortable traveling as far from Washington as it is possible to get and still be in the United States. And then to stay for seventeen days.

There are things happening right now, like the train wreck of Obamacare, that are deeply concerning to the citizens of this country. The Washington elite never seem to have enough of our money to spend. They took millions from the medicare fund. They are taking money away from those that have given a life of service and retired from the military. They are always grubbing for more while taxpayers are expected to do with less. This is especially bothersome when they pour money into futile projects and personal ego trips.

But our President either doesn't understand or doesn't care about the dissonance of his frequent very expensive vacations. Thousands of miles traveled on Air Force One. An entourage of aides and security that we must support. The huge inconvenience he causes both the locals and the families of those that are forced to alter their life at his whim.

The world is in turmoil. Our country is in turmoil. Strong leadership from the President of the United States would go a long way toward quelling that unrest. But instead we get a boy king who vacations far better than he leads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment