Saturday, November 2, 2013

Random Thoughts Twenty-Eight

I have written in the past in a highly negative manner about wind farms. Other than the proven fact that they kill protected bird species without repercussion, I feel they will eventually be abandoned and turn into a blight on the landscape. On the Science Channel there is a show called "How Do They Do That". They had a segment about the maintenance of wind farms in the Netherlands. They referred to the workers that went up on these towers to work as "dare devils". I cannot disagree with that appraisal. After seeing how difficult, expensive, and dangerous it is to care fore these unsightly machines, I am even more convinced of my position.

I must give applause to the bearded wonders of baseball, my beloved Boston Red Sox. It was an amazing season and it produced the best baseball that I have ever watched in my lifetime. I cannot express how much I want to see them repeat. Well earned and well deserved, gentlemen. Thank you for a most entertaining season.

They are shutting down the Obamacare website tonight. I'm sure they will bring it back up at some point. I doubt it will be in days and maybe not weeks. I was called in one time to make someone else's program work. The only way that I could make it work was to throw out the old program and do a complete reprogram. I would not be shocked to see that here.

President Obama just wrote a Presidential Order allowing him to control all governmental functions involved in climate change at all levels. If there's a flood Obama's in charge. Tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, heavy snowfall, forest fires, if nature does it Obama's in charge of it. I'm sure he will treat these incidents with all the care and planning that went into Obamacare. Now show respect. I don't want to hear any of you using the phrase "power hungry zealot". That would be rude.

I have lost track, is there any country left out there that still considers the United State a firm ally and friend. I can't, off the top of my head, think of any foreign government that we haven't angered. Maybe Japan, but they are still busy trying to cover up the fact that they now glow in the dark.

Did you ever have a spark plug blow out while you were driving? Startling to say the least.


No comments:

Post a Comment