Monday, July 20, 2015

On A Personal Note

I started this blog about forty months ago. I had to give up some of my favorite hobbies, so I was looking for something new and constructive. I have always enjoyed politics and economics so the blog seemed like a natural. And it has been.

The problem is that I may have become a little too focused. I have written about 750 articles and essays since I started. With that and the time I have spent reading news and doing research, I was getting a little depressed.

That is not like me. I was always a little bit of a "class clown" type. But constantly reading about turmoil and ineptness can take you down a notch or two. 

I have already made some changes. I needed to  bring some fun back into my life. I have always wanted to play a musical instrument. So I bought a ukulele. I did this about six months ago. I have been teaching myself with the aid of what I can find on-line. Believe it or not, I have had some success and I just bought an on-line course in fingerpicking. And yes, I am having fun. I play some every day. Some of it even sounds a little like music.

There is one other change that I am going to make. I'm not going to grind out five blogs a week any more. If I have something to say, I'll say it. If I don't, I won't. Some weeks it seems like I am poking the same hornets nest but from different angles. There is just too much utter insanity out there to get a grip on.

Beyond that, I don't want to come off as a conspiracy theorist, but I see things and read thing that I do not like. There are policies and actions taking place in government that should have politicians screaming and purveyors of news shouting from the roof tops. That is just not happening. The things I see take planning, power, and intelligence. Our politicians don't plan, except for their own careers. Most of them have little real power. And as for intelligence, just listen to their comments.

I fear for our future. I hope that I am overthinking mere coincidences. But if I am not........

No comments:

Post a Comment