Friday, May 9, 2014

Pass The Blue Bottle

I have a friend who was feeling unwell. He went to his doctor. Actually, I think it was one of those roadside doc-in-a-box clinics, as he was having some insurance problems. He told the doctor the he was logy, felt bloated, and was passing gas. I told him I felt he was giving me way too much information. The doctor did have a suggestion. He told my friend to go to the drugstore and pick up one of those well known blue bottles and go home, take a couple of healthy swigs and stay close to something big and white and porcelain. One very uncomfortable day later he pronounced himself cured.

As much as I don't want to think about it, his symptoms sounded familiar. Bloated, logy, a lot of gas being passed, and no production. That sounds to me like the United States economy. Our President has been feeding our economy the wrong stuff and we are economically constipated.

We can recognize the symptoms but what on the Chez Obama menu caused this blockage?
Let's start back at the beginning when he served up an appetizer to the Republicans of "I won you lost and I do not need you". That would be the equivalent of eating a bad clam. Then we were served a large portion of ivory tower dilettantes with no real world experience with a smattering of political hacks running departments.  The next course was  a flock of czars with secret duties only reporting to the President. Congress was trimmed from all courses.

Then the maitre'd , Harry Reid and the hostess, Nancy Pelosi served their personel recipe, an Obamination of Obamacare. Finally, for desert, we got the Obamacare website. I must say, most people found that a little tough to chew on. While there were other tasties served these were the main items. So now we know we ate to much of a poor fare that was served to us. It was certainly different from the menu we saw before election.

So we end up with a constipated economy. What was discomfort has long ago gone over to painful. The country needs a good dose of an economic laxative. The problem is, I don't see any blue bottles on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a unique take on things. Can't wait for the current -ahem - turd to be flushed down the toilet. But then who knows what empty calorie processed garbage will follow.

    ReplyDelete