Thursday, May 16, 2013

Heroes of the Week!


My nomination for “Heroes of the Week”, perhaps heroes of the year are the intrepid people that sat on the jury of the Philadelphia monster, Kermit Gosnell. I will not refer to him as doctor. He has destroyed his right to that title. I pray that the institution the bestowed that degree on him has the courage to rescind it.

I watched, read, or listened to little of what news was aired on Gosnell’s trial. It was not for lack of interest or concern. I simply just didn’t have the stomach for it. Truthfully, I try not to discuss or write about abortion, even in the first trimester. To me it is a distasteful subject at any stage. What little I did hear about what went on in that toilet, purporting to be a clinic came close to making me physically ill. I have daughters and grandsons. When I hear of the evil treatment of innocents it affects me as I hope it would every civilized person. The man is simply a monster.

How those jurors were able to sit through weeks and weeks, six weeks in all, and then go into a closed room for ten days to discuss what they had heard and seen, and still retain their sanity is beyond me. Anyone that has ever sat on a jury knows how difficult it can be. But to sit on a jury for that amount of time and listen to a recitation of pure evil, day after day, would sap the life energy out of anyone. All of those jurors, each and every one, is a hero beyond laurels. They should all get a life’s pass from ever facing an ordeal like that again.

I have often thought that there should be a “predatory behavior” category to crime. When a person uses strength or position to do personal harm to another human, it becomes predatory behavior. Rapists, child molesters, abusers, those that will beat someone in order to rob them, they are all predators and not worthy to keep company with the rest of humanity. For they have no humanity. Kermit Gosnell certainly fits into this category. To continue go to http://patriotupdate.com/articles/heroes-of-the-week/

No comments:

Post a Comment