Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Random Thoughts - Fourteen

The Republican should stand firm on taxes. Then let the world know Obama wouldn't deal. It won't be easy and they will get a lot coming back on them but the base will understand. A line has to be drawn. I doubt that they will, but they should.

What middle class tax cut? There is no such thing.

Obama's truth is what he wants you to believe. No more, no less. No responsibility. No apology.

Are you ready for six dollar gasoline and ten percent unemployment. The road we are on goes right through that area.

Does anybody really believe that the Democrats will cut back spending if they get their tax hike. Please. In this case past performance is an absolute guarantee of future results. Remember Lucy with the football or the scorpion on the frog's back? They are what their nature forces them to be. 

The United States, under Obama, will not deter Iran from building an atomic bomb. Israel is on their own, and they know it. Shame on us.

I am truly depressed thinking about what the next four year will bring. And what is worse, what the American people will accept. I fear the American people will discover the true definition of "buyer's remorse".

Actor Jamie Foxx referred to Barack Obama as "our lord and savior". I think insanity has become a contagious disease.

I wish I could be a little more upbeat coming into the Christmas Season. But it is difficult to be light hearted and joyous when I see so many good, hardworking people hurting. From the victims of Sandy to the victims of the job market, too many of us will have little joy this year. The government that has promised you so much to help you get back on your feet has done little but show up for photo-ops and to congratulate each other on what a great job they are doing. Sad, but there you go. Please, never rely on those that can just walk away from your problems. Trust yourselves and be strong.

When I sat down to write this piece, I didn't intend it to be such a downer. Although I clearly see the faults in the body politic, I can generally face them with a smile and confidence in the innate strength of the American people. This last election has shaken that confidence. I must wonder if we are becoming Europeanized. Dear God I hope not. 

2 comments:

  1. As to your comment regarding the upcoming Christmas season, I too felt that things were lacking till I "adopted" a deployed soldier. NOW, I have a reason for the season. If I can make his life a bit brighter considering his current circumstances, It will be a blessed Christmas. My care package to him goes out this week.

    Brad

    ISPA008@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am Cranky! I'm staying in Thailand for about 8 months this year as a retiree, so that helps to avoid some of the gloom. I am very depressed that Obama won again. We're already paying for it with this ridiculous fiscal cliff situation. Obama has hit the road campaign style saying that the Republicans are for middle class tax increases! Talk about turning things completely upside-down!! How rich that Obama loves those Bush tax cuts now!

    Anyway, you might want to have a look at my blog at http://gulfcoastcommentary.blogspot.com/ if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete