Sunday, May 20, 2012

Scream Racist.........

Apparently there is some would-be comedian on HBO who thinks himself a genius and a superior guide on social policy. I will not name him because I don't want to give him free publicity. I wish the media would just ignore him. He deserves no better.  He is about as far left liberal as it is possible to be. He is a huge supporter of Barack Obama, it goes without saying. To him everyone who does not bow down to Obama's policies is a racist. Disagree with anything Obama says, you are a racist. In fact, the whole country, with the exception of him and his closest friends, is racist. I have to wonder how we elected Obama at all if we are so racist.

I am not a racist. I do not believe my friends are racist. I'm sure there must be at least one racist among those that I know. But I would be hard put to name who it is. The truth of the matter is that the liberals have lost in  the arena of ideas. What they have done does not work. This is especially true in the area of economics. So if you can't win on ideas, demonize those that oppose your failed policy. Those that are now referred to as "spin doctors" have learned from some very bad people that if you tell a lie long enough, often enough, and loud enough people will, first, tolerate it, then accept it, and finally believe it. Not everyone, of course. But maybe enough to swing an election.

We, as a country are heading for a precipice. We will probably stop before we go over the edge. But the longer we put off reversing direction, the longer it will take us to get back. The administration says that the country is recovering. Do not believe it. Sure, the price of gas has gone down a little. That's really surprising coming up on an election isn't it? But gas is still about double what it was three years ago. Fewer people are applying for unemployment but also fewer people are working than were employed ten years ago. The congress hasn't produced a budget in three years. Constitutional law has taken a second place to presidential directive. And now they want to put drones in the air over this country.

I say the government is out of control. And I'm not a racist to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment