Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's a Secret But...........

I'm going to let you all in on a big secret that you are probably not going to hear any place else. The end is not in sight. America's greatest days are ahead. I'll admit it. I'm a fan of the TV show NCIS. The star character in the show, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, frequently says "trust your gut". I guess that means that in spite of the obvious an observer may see small clues that make him feel that the obvious may be wrong. So I'm going to put it on the line and trust my gut.

I read and watch a lot of news. Current news, business news, international news, I watch it all. I enjoy interviews in particular. Not the usual interview with a sycophantic news reader tossing softball question to some pol. I like informed interviewers putting tough questions to informed and intelligent people. I will tell you, there are some very smart people out there. It is a crying shame that those that would rule us don't listen to them and heed their advice. I trust some of the interviewees more than others because they answer the questions in complete sentences that make sense. What I hear from the business people that I respect is, if government would get out of the way business will do what business does best. It succeeds. It grows. It makes money. It hires people. It creates new markets. I don't know about you, but that is a goal that I support.

Today government is an anchor bringing business to a standstill. Vagueness, insecurity about future taxes, over regulation, and hampering the flow of reasonably priced energy to the marketplace has business people trapped and fearful. But the pressure is building. The longer government holds back business, the more the pressure builds. Some day, hopefully soon, the government must change. That is, unless something very bad happens. When it does change, the economy in this country is going to roar. Stand back, get out of the way, it is going to go through the overhead. The little signs are there. My gut is hollering at me. Our greatest days are on the way. Better than ever one could imagine.


On a personal note, I am having a problem with my links disappearing from Facebook. I do not know why but I am working on it. So please keep track of my link. I want you all coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment