Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chaos Theory For The Rest Of Us

Last night I started to write a piece for this blog. Two paragraphs in, I could see it was going no where. So I started over. I got the same results. I tried a third shot and still couldn't get anyplace. At that point I gave it up as a bad night. My mind was in chaos. I couldn't get my thoughts to align into something coherent.  I watched "Justified" and went to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night realizing that it wasn't my thoughts that were in chaos. The world is in chaos. There were so many things happening all at once, I was having a problem organizing my thoughts. I think they call that lack of focus. 

We have that plump little twerp in North Korea threatening nuclear war, saying he will turn Washington D.C. into a sea of fire. Meanwhile, the Pacific Fleet Commander, Admiral Samuel Locklear III is claiming our greatest military threat is climate change. Admiral, it is time for a career change. Maybe Greenpeace is hiring. They have ships.

Meanwhile, back on the home front, Barack Obama, the man that has spent the past five years, by turns, castigating or ignoring the Republicans, has decided to be their best bud. He's taking them out to dine and having meetings. Has he suddenly realized what great guys the Republicans are? Probably not. While all this is going on his staff is announcing that he's just doing this for the press and no one should believe it.

The mayor of New York has appointed himself king of New York. If you want to live in the big apple, you better be ready for the worm. You are going to have to toe the line eat right. No big sugary drinks. What is next?  Outlaw pitchers of beer and extra large pizzas. No double pepperoni for you. It must be great to have all that power. What's the phrase? Napoleon Complex, I believe.

Iran, the people that are threatening to kill all Jews and destroy Israel, are looking to sue Hollywood over the movie Argo because it is "outside their cultural norms". See, they should have made a movie about stoning and beheading. That seems to be within those norms.

The government shut down parts of the National Park system and the White House for tours    because they can't find any waste spending in government to eliminate. But we're still giving billions of dollars that we're borrowing from China to countries that hate us. We're even supplying the Muslim Brotherhood with F-16s in Egypt.

We couldn't afford to protect the US Ambassador in Libya, so he and three other patriots died. But we can afford to buy the Department of Homeland Security 2,700 war wagons, billions of rounds of ammunition, and fully automatic weapons. What is that for?

The TSA takes barely trained "agents" that don't even need to be high school graduates and dresses them up like cops to the tune of fifty million dollars to boost morale.

Through all this we have fewer people in the workplace than we have had since 1983. The Government is taking more money from the American people than it ever has before and the Democrats are screaming they need more tax money. Chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment